The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) define telehealth as “a two-way, real-time interactive communication between a patient and a physician or practitioner at a distant site through telecommunications equipment that includes, at a minimum, audio and visual equipment.”
BENEFITS OF IN PERSON SERVICES VS. TELEHEALTH
- Telehealth can help people to obtain counseling or medical services when normally they could not.
- Busy professionals can access therapy during non-working hours with more ease.
- Parents with no childcare or with busy schedules can obtain services easier.
- Treatment can happen quicker in many cases using telehealth.
CLIENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR BEHAVIORAL TELEHEALTH
The tips below will help making connection easier for your first visit:
- Please use a Good Quality WiFi network, a direct ethernet connection is best.
- Please use Google Chrome or Safari.
- If you can, please perform a quick restart of the computer or mobile/tablet device.
- iPhone must use the Safari browser.
- Android must use Chrome Web Browser only.
- Make sure your Data Plan signal strong is Good, WiFi is best.
Just prior to your appointment time:
- Enter the URL address in your Chrome browser or Safari browser.
For: YOUR PROVIDER PLEASE USE: https://doxy.me/ (NAME OF YOUR PROVIDER)
- When prompted, please select ALLOW or ENABLE to using both Camera and Microphone
- Enter the patient’s first and last name and select “CHECK IN”
- Stay connected in the “waiting room” and the provider will begin the call when available for you.
Link to our getting started section, full of quick videos and documents for new patients.
How to Check In As A Patient Video: https://help.doxy.me/starting-your-telemedicine-practice/how-to-checkin-as-a-patient.
If, after following the instructions above, you are unable to connect via Doxy.me, please call the office